The first Interact club was started at Melbourne High School, Florida, USA on November 5, 1962.
The name “Interact” came from combining the words “international” and “action”.
Interact was Rotary’s approach to a program that enabled the youth to serve both in their communities and internationally.
Interact clubs bring together young people ages 12-18 to develop leadership skills while discovering the power of Service Above Self.
Discover how serious leadership can be fun.
What are the benefits?
Connect with leaders in your community and around the world to:
• Take action to make a difference in your school and community
• Discover new cultures and promote international understanding
• Become a leader in your school and community
• Have fun and make new friends from around the world
Celebrate the global impact of Interact by getting involved in:
• World Interact Week
• Interact Video Awards
• Rotary Youth Day at the United Nations
• Global Youth Service Day